A delicious alternative pancake recipe made with chickpea flour
I’ve searched high and low for some good gluten free pancakes and I’ve found them! They are made with chickpea flour which is higher in fibre and protein than other flours and also has a good range of vitamins and minerals.
If you want to know more about the benefits of using chickpea flour then check out Dr Axe’s webpage
Chickpea Flour Banana Pancakes
1 cup of coconut/almond milk
1 cup of chickpea flour
1 tbsp baking powder
2 tbsp arrowroot starch
1 tsp cinnamon
coconut oil for frying
1. Put all the ingredients into a high-speed blender and mix until smooth.
2. Melt 1 tbsp of oil in a frying pan and add enough batter to just about fill the pan.
3. Let it cook until it bubble and you are able to flip it over.
4. Cook on the other side for 2-3 minutes.
5. Serve with your favourite toppings. Here are mine;
Feel free to experiment with different toppings – let me know your favourites!
Wishing you the best of health,