A delicious recipe for a healthy breakfast or snack!
Banana Breakfast Bread
75ml melted coconut oil
200g pecans (walnuts work too)
200g rolled oats
3 large ripe bananas
75g coconut sugar
80ml maple syrup
100ml plant milk (almond, coconut etc)
2 tsp baking powder
Good pinch of caraway seeds (optional)
75g dark chocolate (70%)
- Preheat the oven to 170C/150C fan/gas3. Grease a loaf tin with oil or use a liner.
- While the oven comes up to temperature, roast the pecan in it for 10 mins, then roughly chop and set aside.
- Blitz the oats in the food processor until you have a rough flour. Put into a bowl.
- Put the bananas into the food processor with the coconut sugar, maple syrup, milk, coconut oil and blitz well. Add the oat flour, baking powder and pinch of salt.
- Blitz until combined and then stir in the pecans and the caraway seeds if using.
- Pour half the batter into the loaf tin. Break the chocolate into thin strips and lay it along the middle of the batter. Pour in the rest of the batter.
- Bake for 1 hour 10 mins, or until a skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool on a wire rack.